These are the loaves before baking.Sunday, August 17, 2008
Mmmm sacrament bread
O.k. the story goes a little something like this. We are at church a few weeks ago & after the sacrament the kids told me "we need to find out who makes that bread." So, I started asking around & apparently it was a secret. The gal who was making it asked to remain anonymous. Anyone who knew, was sworn to secrecy. Well, the next sunday in relief society they were talking about the activity coming up on Sunday at Sis. Kobialka's house. She was going to teach us how to make bread. So, I thought it would be a good idea for me to go. Anyone who knows me, knows I am not a cook. But, the thought of learning how to make bread, yummy. I didn't put two & two together until we were at the temple on Wed. that Sis. Kobialka is the one who makes the sacrament bread. So Thursday came & I went, it was fun. Trish was a wonderful host, she had bread already baked & sliced for us to snack on. (that was all I had for dinner that night) She is an amazing woman, she is allergic to wheat, but bakes bread often. I don't think I could do that, knowing I couldn't eat what I was baking. So, here is my before & after pictures of my bread. It was so yummy!!!
These are the loaves before baking.
These are the loaves before baking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
I'm so glad that your bread was a success! That makes me happy! :) And it was easy, wasn't it?!
Yep, I am making more as we speak! Thanks again for your help!
Good for you. I can't wait to make mine. And I bet practice will make them "look" better too. But who cares, just slice them fast and no one would ever know.
Look at you making homemade bread! That is awesome. I bet it was so good too. The colors in our nursery are kinda weird but I promise they look really cute together. We are doing chocolate brown, teal, rust, tan and a little bit of sage green. I have some extra material from the crib skirt if you want that. Thank you so much for everything. You are always so great to us! Alex is throwing my shower so I will pass on the message to her, I know she would love some help. We all know how talented you are, in everything!
Yep and little Vals bread making skills are much like yours. Delicious Sunday night treat - thanks!!!
Alyssa I would love to get the sample of material so I can match paint. His name is Rivers, right?
Cute!!
Post a Comment