About Me

We have been married 21 AMAZING years. We have 3 amazing kids. Val III is serving in Managua, Nicaragua a full-time mission for our church. Mac is 17 and Carinna is 14. Nixon our shitzu is 5. We are blessed to have family and friends who love us.

Elder Val Galvan III

Elder Val Galvan III
Double click on photo to go to Val's blog.
Powered by Blogger.

Carinna 15

MacKenzie 17

I love Lucy Project

theilovelucyproject

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Lost & Found

Tennis anyone? Here is Kenz & Jessica Golightly (she is a Laurel in our ward) at their tennis match against Arcadia. Kenzie tried out for J.V. tennis & made it. They have been practicing hard & started their matches against other schools last week. She played doubles with Jessica and they lost 8 to 5, the crazy thing is-- they lost to 2 seniors (jess -10th grade, kenz 9th) they did so good, we were proud of them. Of course the parents always have fun on the sidelines visiting. I miss serving with Kristina (jess's mom) in young women's, it was fun chatting with her. (even though we kept getting the LOOK from the girls- like we were too loud or something.) Can you imagine ME TOO LOUD????
Dad, C.J., Kenz & Ry dog. (that's what I call her- notice her "stormtrooper" boot that she is trying to hide behind Kenz-- she hurt her foot/ankle- so she has to wear this boot & it looks like something that would be part of a stormtrooper costume-from Star Wars.)


Smoocheroonies. Haha. Val & I used to play this game, it's kind of sad that we don't play it anymore. Maybe because our children think it is so gross when we kiss in front of them. Anyway, one of us would say "smoocheroonies" & the other would have to kiss the one who said it. The game was, sometimes we would say it in a different room- so you would have to find them before you counted to 10 or else they would be in trouble-- I don't remember what kind of trouble- but it was fun.





Valentine's Day 2009. Val & I were asked to speak in church the following Sunday on the Blessings of Attending the Temple. So, our plan was to attend the temple sometime that week, well it didn't happen. So, for Valentines- we took Kenz, C.J. & Rylee- (kenz's best friend) to the temple. We took some pictures & walked around the visitors center. Than we went to Ned's for dinner. Do you know Ned?








Val, me & our Eagle Scout. Yea!!!! The end of January our ward had 7 boys receive their eagle. Our Bishop wanted to do something special, so the Schafer's in our ward own a wedding/reception hall in Gilbert. They had a catered dinner & a really nice program full of awards and all kinds of fun goodies for the boys. I will do a different post later, with better pictures.

8 comments:

Trish said...

Oh, how fun! I always wanted to have tennis player legs. I guess I have to actually play to get them, though...

I love the smoocheroonies game. LOVE IT!

I haven't been to NED's in years! Sounds so good!

And congrats on your Eagle Scout! Wonderful. What a great month you've had!

Nichols Family said...

Congrats to your Eagle scout! Great! Let me know if we're still playing volleyball during Spring Break! :) I'm going to add your blog to my link list.

Shanen said...

Terri thank you for your thoughts today. I really appreciate it. The Spirit was there, and strong, and what you had to share was perfect.

Val & Terri Galvan said...

Shannen, your lesson was awesome, glad to be able to share.

Julie and Matt said...

I'm so happy you FINALLY updated your blog!! My comments are as follows: cute tennis girls and I wish I looked that good in a short skirt; cute temple pics, who's Ned and I love the smooch!; great talk on temples for V-day; and you looked great at Val's Eagle scout court of honor. Did I leave anything out? I love ya!

Pam Jorgensen said...

I love these kind of multi-event updates! Who's Ned?

Crystal took our fam pix today...I hope ours turn out half as good as your fam's!! Some are in the same spots!

Volleyball does ROCK...especially when you come! I love laughing like that! CJ is fun too!

Val & Terri Galvan said...

Ned's Crazy Sub. Over off Gilbert & Southern-- kind of by the bookstore. It is the best!

Clarissa said...

The tennis girls are so cute, can't believe we ever wore skirts like that! You have such a darling family, we love being in the ward and keeping up with you guys!