About Me

We have been married 21 AMAZING years. We have 3 amazing kids. Val III is serving in Managua, Nicaragua a full-time mission for our church. Mac is 17 and Carinna is 14. Nixon our shitzu is 5. We are blessed to have family and friends who love us.

Elder Val Galvan III

Elder Val Galvan III
Double click on photo to go to Val's blog.
Powered by Blogger.

Carinna 15

MacKenzie 17

I love Lucy Project

theilovelucyproject

Friday, May 21, 2010

Mission Call Yesterday!!!!!

Mission call came yesterday-- ***pretend my post is from yesterday
yeah. Where is he going-- I don't know- we all kind of have our thoughts. I would personally love for him to go to Thailand, because when I was little we were stationed there with my dad when he served in the Army & I think it would be cool for Val & I to get to go pick him up when he is done serving his mission. But, I was reminded that the church is probably not sending missionaries there right now because it is not the safest place. I agree. alot of people have mentioned that they think he is going to serve an Asian mission--?? we'll see. This was our 1st attempt at checking the mail-- no mail. Ha ha- it was only like 10:40, it was my suggestion, because I wanted to make sure yesterdays mail was really gone.
This is Val, he actually has the envelope in his hand- but he is totally being a "stinker" and wont show me his cute face. He thinks I am a camera freak- which really I am not even a 1/10th as bad as most mothers.

O.k. so the "boys" have this theory or myth that if the postage is over $1.58 you are going out of the states. So, this is what we had staring us in the face from 12:05 until Val actually opened the call at 5:30 or close to it. We we waiting for one of his leaders to get here. I wanted to take the envelope & run in my room, lock the door & open it. I would have re-sealed it, I promised. O.k. that would have totally been so not cool of me to do.


I felt bad, but when you are waiting for people to show that are very important in your life-- you need to wait. My brother Russ is the only family I have here & we really needed to wait for him. He was only like 5 min. late-- now Cody Hatch--that might have been partially my fault do to bad directions. But it was worth it. so we had everyone there and the envelope please.....
Seriously, I thought he was totally messing with us when he read Nicaragua- because one of his best friends is going there too. He was so totally excited- I loved watching his face, as he read his name- Elder Valentin Martinez Galvan III



Troy, Dalton, Val, Kevin & Blake (blake also going to Nicaragua)
So, here is the interesting thing about Val's call. He doesn't report to the MTC until Sept 29th. It is a ways off, so I do have a good friend that reminded me that I am lucky to have the EXTRA time to spend with my only boy. (thank you Kim Pierce) I am lucky, because he is a special young man & the people of Nicaragua are lucky to have him too. so, i will keep you posted.




8 comments:

The Glenns said...

Congrats!

Crystal Caldwell said...

CoNgRaTs!!!! me and Mark are so happy for you Val. Miss ya guys

Shanen said...

Congratulations...what a great experience he will have. Enjoy his time at home.

Val & Terri Galvan said...

Thank you, we are so excited!!!!!!

Heidi said...

Wow! That's so exciting Terri! Congrats Val!

Anonymous said...

We love Val and he's gonna be a great missionary! Good job helping him get to this point.

Nichole Barney said...

I went private on my blog so email me your email nichole@the-barneys.com. Hope you guys are having a great summer! Did you get Val off?

Val & Terri Galvan said...

no, he doesn't leave until the end of sept. so that is good for us, right? :)