About Me

We have been married 21 AMAZING years. We have 3 amazing kids. Val III is serving in Managua, Nicaragua a full-time mission for our church. Mac is 17 and Carinna is 14. Nixon our shitzu is 5. We are blessed to have family and friends who love us.

Elder Val Galvan III

Elder Val Galvan III
Double click on photo to go to Val's blog.
Powered by Blogger.

Carinna 15

MacKenzie 17

I love Lucy Project

theilovelucyproject

Monday, February 28, 2011

My sister, my friend

Loreen Tryon Hoffman
Me, Russ, Dad, Mom, Jolene & James
Trevor & Sami
Dad, Mom, James, Russ, Jolene & Me
Josh & James Jr.
Russ & James
Where do I even begin. Last week I get a phone call from my mom at work on Tuesday, that my brother's wife has passed away. What, I don't even understand-- news like this, I can't even wrap my brain around this, my sister in-law Loreen-- is an AMAZING woman. I can't even begin-- I don't even know where to start---
Well, let me try to give you a tiny glimpse-- Loreen Tryon Hoffman is my brother James's wife, she is a mother of 5 boys- two are married- James has one little girl Ruby, his wife Emily is due any day with their 2nd daughter. Trevor & his wife Sami live in Las Vegas & they are so adoreable. Josh is their 3rd son & he is engaged to Carly, they are getting married April 9th, which from what I was told-- Loreen was helping Carly with wedding plans, because Carly's family is in Canada. Stuart is serving a fulltime mission in Guatemala, he has approx 8 months left & Greyson is a Sophomore in High School.
Loreen taught early morning seminary, she also, got her family up an hour every morning for their own scripture study.
When Val & I arrived in Denver to my brother's you could feel the love so strong in that home, it was amazing. The boys were so strong for their dad, James & Trevor were stepping up & helping him plan the funeral & making arrangements. I was very proud of them. It was pretty neat to get to spend some time with Sami & Carly as we worked together to make a scrapbook/signature book that could be signed the next day at the funeral. My parents, my sister & my brother were there & my sister's children were there too. Loreen comes from a large family, with all of her sisters and brothers & father in attendance as well. It was such a spiritual experience for both Val & I.
I know that Loreen is with our Father in Heaven, I know he welcomed her with open arms & I know that he is pleased with her work here. She was a true disciple of Christ. I am honored to have known her & I am a better person because of her.


1 comment:

jolene said...

Happy Easter.... I was thinking how heart broken the Desciples were when the Savior was taken; as my Primary class and I were discussing how Jesus taught them literally, every day.. and loved them sooo much; I couldn't help but think of Lorene...
How she loved ALL of us; How she taught us at every moment. How she loved the Gospel... HOW I MISS HER.
I pray that we all will live up to her challenge!! I have been reading the scriptures every day since we left their house. I miss the spirit that was there. I only hope that I will be 1/2 the woman that she was...
I love you Terri - thank you for your beautiful post.. I loved sharing all of those special moments we shared up there with you and Val.
Miss you,
Jo