About Me

We have been married 21 AMAZING years. We have 3 amazing kids. Val III is serving in Managua, Nicaragua a full-time mission for our church. Mac is 17 and Carinna is 14. Nixon our shitzu is 5. We are blessed to have family and friends who love us.

Elder Val Galvan III

Elder Val Galvan III
Double click on photo to go to Val's blog.
Powered by Blogger.

Carinna 15

MacKenzie 17

I love Lucy Project

theilovelucyproject

Friday, June 6, 2008

Summertime, already?



It is officially summertime when:

mom does a load of pool towels everyday (we don't even have a pool)

C.J.'s bed becomes the couch, she sleeps on it every night

there are 1/2 drank bottles of water all over the house

everyone has gone into "lazy" mode with their rooms

the quiet peace in the home is replaced with, "mom, we have nooooothing to eat", "our house is soooo boring", "can I call a friend to see if I can go to their house", "where are we going today", "what are we doing today", "can we go to Jack in the Box", "mom, kenz did this", "mom, C.J. did that" & don't get me starting on the fighting.

when does school start again?

Just teasin! the end of our first official full week of no school has actually been fun. we have gone swimming everyday, we have played games, gone to the library, lots of fun stuff. hopefully that will tide them over the next 5 or 6 weeks. haha.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to hear you do as many towels as I do without a pool. Speaking of, come over ANYTIME to swim or drop the kids by - Val too. And yes, Im all over getting together for fun this summer - lets plan it.

Angie Whitman said...

Oh, nothing more fun than more laundry to do!! Not to mention my girls will put on a completely new outfit after swimming than they had on before!

We love having people come over and take advantage of the pool...I need to more. I am unusually pale for this time of year!

kristina said...

Funny how summer seems to bring out the best in children!! Also, I just think Mackenzie is the funnest girl- She makes me laugh! :)

Pam Jorgensen said...

DITTO on all this! I love our shorter summers here in AZ though. Go out of town for a couple of weeks and suddenly school is right around the corner! I'm really with you on the amount of towels with no pool...what's that all about?

kristina said...

Terri-I just tagged you! Go to my blog to get your directions of the tag! Have fun! :)

Shanen said...

I was just thinking how your kids sound exactly like my kids. And then I got depressed because your kids are so much older than mine. I don't have much to look forward to do I??

Shanen said...

I got to thinking last night after I got in bed that my post sounded so sad. I do love summer also. I guess if my kids are bored and making me crazy already, I just need to come up with more things to do. But to think that I will have to hear the same complaining words for many years....oh my. Good thing we are on modified year round school and not the other districts that get 9 weeks of summer. =)