About Me

We have been married 21 AMAZING years. We have 3 amazing kids. Val III is serving in Managua, Nicaragua a full-time mission for our church. Mac is 17 and Carinna is 14. Nixon our shitzu is 5. We are blessed to have family and friends who love us.

Elder Val Galvan III

Elder Val Galvan III
Double click on photo to go to Val's blog.
Powered by Blogger.

Carinna 15

MacKenzie 17

I love Lucy Project

theilovelucyproject

Sunday, October 5, 2008

San Francisco 08

I told Val for my birthday this year I didn't want a party. Seriously, who really wants to celebrate their 40th????? I told him I thought it would be fun to go on a trip just the 2 of us. So he put together a trip to San Franciso this past weekend. I went to the Dr. before we left to get some of my anxiety medicine refilled, just in case of a panic attack. (i am being serious) But, I am so happy to report, I didn't have to take one pill. We had an amazing time, the food was awesome & the sights were interesting, just being together was wonderful. I wouldn't trade the time for anything. We went shopping & had fun talking & people watching. Wow, you can do some serious people watching in San Francisco. We went downtown on Saturday morning & they were having the "Love Parade". I should have taken some pictures for my blog, but I will leave it up to your imagination. Guys dressed like girls, girls dressed like girls (well hardly dressed I should say) I did notice alot of wigs & tights.
Here is Val & I with the Golden Gate Bridge behind us. It was really windy when we had this taken, so you can't really see that I just got my hair chopped & colored pretty dark & I think Val's eyes are closed- but it is the ONLY picture we have of the two of us on this trip. Am I seriously mental or what? (don't answer!!)




This is Scomas, we ate here the first night. This place sits on the water & at night you can look across the bay and see the city lights. So beautiful. I had the pistacio crusted salmon. Scomas is across the Golden Gate Bridge in a little town called Sausolito. (sp?)








This is a view from the car window of us driving on the "Bay Bridge". This bridge is huge, it takes you from San Francisco over to Oakland. Val told me AFTER we were off the bridge that the top portion of this bridge collapsed on the bottom portion during the last real big earth quake over there. I remember seeing photos of that damage- people trapped in cars, it was crazy.





This was our "best friend" while in San Franciso- our little rental car GPS device. I think she had a thing for Val.






3 comments:

Pam Jorgensen said...

So, so fun!! I love going to SF! Scott and I went there just before our 4th (and final) child was born and it was great!

Happy Birthday Sister Friend!!

Stu and Alyssa said...

I love all the new posts! First of all I LOVE your hair brown! It looks so pretty. Val and his date are so so cute, and Kenz looks so old. She looks so cute in her tennis outfit! Keep a good eye on those boys in highschool because im sure they are already coming around she is gorgeous!

Julie and Matt said...

What a fun trip. Val gets cool husband award for planning it. I'm still cracking up about the Love Parade girls!