David A Bednar, seriously? How awesome would it be, to be in the same room as Elder Bednar? Well, he is the 4th apostle that Val got to hear speak. He came last week & Val said he has been his favorite so far. It was really cute, he said when Elder Bednar walked in his heart started pounding really hard. His talk was simple, on missionary work.
M Russell Ballard was the 3rd apostle that Val got to hear speak at the MTC. Val has had some amazing experiences in the MTC. I can't even imagine, sitting in the same room as an apostle of the Lord, let alone having 3 come in a 3 week period. Wow. How awesome is that? I know that my son is being blessed with having these experiences, they will make him a better missionary and of course in the future, a better husband, father etc. I just love reading his letters and feeling his spirit and progress just jump off the page or the computer screen.
Richard G Scott. The 2nd apostle to speak to the missionaries while Val was in the MTC. Elder Scott put a protective shield by the power of the apostleship upon all of the sister missionaries and then by the same power bestowed the gift of tongues upon those learning a language, how crazy is that?????
Russel M Nelson was the first apostle that Val got to hear speak in person and he was so excited to hear an apostle of the Lord. Val told us in his letter that during devotionals they only stand if one of the "bretheren" are about to enter, so he was excited when they were told to stand. He said the Elder Nelson spoke about missionary work & how the apostles & the prophet pray for the missionaries safety every day, also not only do they pray for them, but 14 million members around the world are praying for them. As a mother of a missionary, wow---- that makes me feel "at peace" I know he is doing the Lord's work. I know he is safe. I can't tell you how many times I have teared up since he has left, but honestly, they have been tears of joy- tears of pride, because I am so honored to be his mother. He truly has changed and he has become a true desciple of our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ.I was talking to a friend last night who said, that I looked beautiful, seriously? I told her she needed to go have her eyes checked. I have never been good about taking compliments from people, but seriously. I told her that I really do feel different right now. Maybe it is that I have a glow--- not being corny, but a glow like a pregnant woman---hahaha. But she was insistant that I was really beautiful, I was like, whatever, so I told her, it's cuz of my missionary, I really do have a missionary glow. Is that possible? Really, to feel the spirit so strong through his letters that they are affecting me? I hope so, cuz I want them to. I want people to say, what is different about you, why do you have that ora or whatever it is? Than maybe I can get my own opportunity to do missionary work here, and explain to them about my love of the Savior. Explain to them, that what the see in me, is the Light of Christ. I don't know-- what do you guys think??? Is it possible for me to have that glow?





No comments:
Post a Comment