About Me

We have been married 21 AMAZING years. We have 3 amazing kids. Val III is serving in Managua, Nicaragua a full-time mission for our church. Mac is 17 and Carinna is 14. Nixon our shitzu is 5. We are blessed to have family and friends who love us.

Elder Val Galvan III

Elder Val Galvan III
Double click on photo to go to Val's blog.
Powered by Blogger.

Carinna 15

MacKenzie 17

I love Lucy Project

theilovelucyproject

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Our missionary is 20 TODAY!!!!!!!

These are a few of my favorite photos that Val has sent to me from his mission. I love his smile in these photos! I know that he is where he needs to be. I know the work he is doing is important and it NEEDS to be done. But, I have to say---- today has been a VERY hard day for me. I think, probably the hardest. I knew his birthday would be hard, but I really didn't think it would be this hard. I hope that someone remembered to bake him a cake...
I hope that someone remembered to say Happy Birthday...
I hope that he knows how much we love him!!!!

So, I thought that today, in honor of his birthday--- I would go to the temple & do some service. I know that he doesn't get to go to the temple, so I figured I can-- so I will go for him-- on his birthday!

So, here are some fun pictures for you to enjoy!
Elders with Val from Managua
Here is Val with some of the Elders from the MTC that were in his zone.
I love this picture of Val, he looks so happy. Pizza was something we ate a lot of in our home--- i am sure he was happy to get something that was familiar to him.
Val's love of baseball makes me smile, especially since the Dbacks are doing so awesome right now & one of my favorite things to do is watch baseball with my sweetheart in our chair together. This jersey Val had made in one of his area's by an actual professional baseball scout. He was pretty excited to meet him.
"happy birthday to you--cha cha cha! happy birthday to you---cha cha cha! happy birthday dear ELDER GALVAN-- happy birthday to you-- CHA CHA CHA!!!!!
so, this is Val- with a cell phone that he was given a few months ago when he was made a district leader-- he is now a zone leader & has been transferred again. I just found this photo & it made me laugh- because one thing that is always a given on my kid's birthdays is that for sure we know that mema & grandpa are going to call & sing Happy Birthday-- so, even though I know we can't get him that phone call-- I picture him answering the phone on this funny cell phone & hearing my mom & dad sing to him.

There are many things to celebrate in life... i know today i am celebrating my son! I just can't believe he is 20. No longer a teenager, no longer my baby boy, he is a man now--- changing lives!!!


No comments: