About Me

We have been married 21 AMAZING years. We have 3 amazing kids. Val III is serving in Managua, Nicaragua a full-time mission for our church. Mac is 17 and Carinna is 14. Nixon our shitzu is 5. We are blessed to have family and friends who love us.

Elder Val Galvan III

Elder Val Galvan III
Double click on photo to go to Val's blog.
Powered by Blogger.

Carinna 15

MacKenzie 17

I love Lucy Project

theilovelucyproject

Friday, February 10, 2012

Nica Mom's Luncheon

Nica mom's. So, this is Denai Pace on the left & Julie Ward. Denai is Elder Collin Pace's mom & Julie is Elder Trevor Ward's mom. Collin has been in the field with Val & Trevor was in the MTC with Val. The interesting thing is-- my path has crossed with tons of people that they know-- The Ward's are in some old friends of our's ward (the plowman's), The Pace's are related to Marshall & Holly Hancock & they also know the Barney's, the McBeth's, the Bullwinkle's. (small world) Collin & Trevor have known each other, I think since junior high. So it is pretty cool that they are serving in the same mission.
I was pretty excited when Denai called & asked if I would be interested in getting together for a lunch & if I would want to try this place that serves central american food. I was like- heck ya!
Of course- anyone that KNOWS me & knows how picky I am-- was probably like, RIGHT....
But, it wasn't bad-- I didn't eat everything on my plate- but I would go back!
I have to say--- I did enjoy the company- way more than the FOOD! But that's o.k. right?
And the whole, NICA mom- thing is a little inside- joke- cuz our boys call things- nica- short for nicaragua.
Chips & salsa & some kind of cabbage- mix. I thought it was pretty tasty. The salsa was pretty bland, not spicy at all, the chips were thick- I actually used them for my chorizo- instead of the tortillas they gave me, because they were really thick-- (the pupusa's).
I found out from Denai that she actually sends her son Collin a packet of spices every month in his box, because the food in Nicaragua isn't spicy at all.
This was a dessert that Denai wanted to try because her son Collin said he eats this alot. It is fried banana's. The white stuff was more of a bland yogurt- at first I thought it was going to be a sweet creamy sauce- like what you would dip fruit in, but nope. It wasn't bad though.
These are pupusa's and they are basically a thicker tortilla with pork & cheese inside. They were tasty!. I think I liked these the best. I would definitely go back & order these again!!
This was their version of Chorizo. It was pretty good- it was a little greasy, but it was good. The flavor was different because their food isn't as spicy as traditional mexican food.
This is what Julie & Denai ordered- it was a shrimp salad. It was called sevichi I believe. It had avacado & cucumber. It was pretty good.

I am really excited to get to know these mom's more, we had a good time & it is good to share experiences that your missionaries are each having. I know that my son is a better missionary because of Elder Pace & Elder Ward. I am grateful to both of these mother's for the son's they have each raised!
Thanks again Julie & Denai for taking time out of your busy day to spend with another Nica Mom!!!

No comments: